Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find many samples of my finished art, conceptual work, unpublished material, and other miscellaneous jobs. You can find a complete list of my published books at this link.

I currently have signed copies of THE GREAT MONTEFIACO, WHACKO THE CHOOK, THE PUMPKIN EATER FROM PONDICHERRY, and THE SHIKKER COLA COWS available for purchase. For more info, please contact me at whackothechook@internode.on.net


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER JOKER...

As a change of pace, I thought I'd share my collection of Joker cards. I've been collecting Jokers on and off for almost 20 years. This obsession started in high school when I found a lone tatty Joker on the bituman...

This is the one that started it all. I thought it looked pretty cool, so I carried it in my wallet for years. I couldn't say whether or not Brian Froud actually drew this or authorised it, but it's an almost identical copy of a character from one of his illustrations in Master Snickup's Cloak. This Joker is quite common.

The following two pages are very common. I get sick of finding these. I have far more doubles than what's shown here...

The Joker down the bottom of the next one page has got to be the worst, dodgiest one from my collection. Clearly the head is taken from the top one, but is that Sonic The Hedgehog's body? Makes sense...
I've never kept a running total of money spent on this hobby, that would be sobering. I'm not as obsessive about collecting as I used to be. I used to dedicate whole Saturdays driving around every antique shop and op shop in search of new Jokers. I wasn't always greeted with hospitality when asking cranky biddies to open cabinets so I could flick through a dozen decks of cards. Though others are quite amiable and understanding, and even offer to call me if they find anything of interest. These days I tend to just buys decks as I come across them, instead of actively seeking them and dedicating too much time (and money) to it. A lot of my Jokers have been donated too, since it is usually the least missed cards from the deck.

I tend to collect any and every type of Joker, good and bad, expensive and cheap.

Sometimes very cheap...

6 comments:

  1. I am collector of jokers from Poland.
    I would like to suggest exchange of jokers.
    I invite on my website with dublets jokers and deks for exchange :
    > > http://szlemik.bloog.pl/

    Greetings - Andrzej .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My adress...

    anszpo@wp.pl

    On http://szlemik.bloog.pl
    I have jokers for exchange.

    (Jolanta..... my wife.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Joker movie online

    ReplyDelete
  4. following a T-55 finish in the 2017 U.S. Open at Erin Hills, Ernie Els knew that he may have just competed for the final time in the event. Despite winning two U.S. Opens, one in 1994 at Oakmont and another in 1997 at Congressional, the Big Easy was still out of luck, because the USGA does not give out lifetime exemptions to those who pass golf's toughest test. Winners get exemptions into the next 10 Opens, though Els played in the next 20 thanks to qualifying in a number of different categories during that span.US Open Championship Live

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a major. Don’t even need to hear from TW on this one. The only adjustment you’ll have to make is that after a decade-plus as a 14-time major winner, Woods is now entering the PGA as a 15-time major champ. Plenty of people will ride Woods as the favorite at Bethpage, too, even after a month away from competition. us open golf 2019 live stream

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nearly all goods are typically hand designed plus subsistence economic local weather dominates. Individualism is really weakly manufactured within just persons ethnicities given that are typically interpersonal programs. Unaltered customers ethnicities no extra can be determined inside industrialized nations much like the Usa plus North america.




    https://www3.go123movies.io/

    ReplyDelete