Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find many samples of my finished art, conceptual work, unpublished material, and other miscellaneous jobs. You can find a complete list of my published books at this link.

I currently have signed copies of THE GREAT MONTEFIACO, WHACKO THE CHOOK, THE PUMPKIN EATER FROM PONDICHERRY, and THE SHIKKER COLA COWS available for purchase. For more info, please contact me at whackothechook@internode.on.net


Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Mark and Marg!

In recent days there have been a couple of milestone birthday celebrations happening. My Mother-in-law (and her identical twin sister) turned 60 on Sunday, and author/friend Mark Svendsen turns 50 today. In honour of this event, Mark's daughters put together a special book made up of one page contributions from his friends and relatives. Coincidentally, my wife and sister-in-law organised the same thing for Margaret. So I had my work cut out for me.

I did this pinup for Mark...
'Pretty Pennyfeather': acrylic and gouache; based on a rough from the unpublished sequel to Whacko The Chook

And a 'Monquet' for Margaret...
A.k.a 'Monkey Bouquet'; acrylic and collage; there are precisely sixty chimps in this bouquet
Happy birthday again! You're both awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment