Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find many samples of my finished art, conceptual work, unpublished material, and other miscellaneous jobs. You can find a complete list of my published books at this link.

I currently have signed copies of THE GREAT MONTEFIACO, WHACKO THE CHOOK, THE PUMPKIN EATER FROM PONDICHERRY, and THE SHIKKER COLA COWS available for purchase. For more info, please contact me at whackothechook@internode.on.net


Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Knitted Toys!

A friend recently sent me a link to Ebay where she'd found a set of knitted toys based on my characters from Who Flung Dung? up for auction. I was really flattered someone took the time to create these, so I placed a bid. I was outbid at the last minute unfortunately, but I contacted the seller, and she very kindly made me a fresh new set. In record time too, a mere two days or so! All the way from the UK my package arrived Tuesday, much to my delight. So now, here they are, the cast of Who Flung Dung, in wool!

Furley
Charlie
Elephant & Rhinoceros
Python
Crocodile
Crocodile
Lion
Vulture, as a finger puppet (my favourite!)
Gnu (my second favourite)
Crucial details...

Furley & Charlie, rear view
She even included a little knitted poo for Furley's head, a wonderful touch!



Unfortunately, the little knitted Charlie has already begun wreaking havoc with my other toys! Curse you Charlie!!!!


Thanks again Linny, I'll treasure these! :-)

1 comment:

  1. These mini soft toys are fantastic! I love the detail in each one. I think my favourite is Gnu :-) I'm not sure if the dinosaur is part of their team? He's a little scary! Carmel

    ReplyDelete